Queen victoria is britains queen of contradictions in her combination of deep sentimentality and bombast cultural imperialism and imperial compassion fear of intellectualism and excitement at technology romanticism and prudishness she became a spirit of the age to which she gave her name . Life in britain during the 19th century was known as victorian england because of queen victorias long reign and the indelible stamp it and her persona placed on the country her strict ethics and personality have become synonymous with the era. Victoria biography of queen victoria with a detailed treatment of her reign her marriage to prince albert and her influence on the british monarchy. Victoria a life by an wilson review bad behaviour pan european politics and a rich inward life a queen is reinterpreted in this shimmering new biography kathryn hughes
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.